Summary of Position:
Provide exceptional customer service to all, and help create repeat guests. Take orders, answer questions about the menu and food, as well as up-sell alcoholic beverages and appetizers. Take payment, communicate orders with the kitchen staff, and help your fellow servers with pre-bussing, running food and taking drink orders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet guests
- Take food and drink orders from guests accurately and with a positive attitude. Immediately ring in accurately on the POS.
- Inform guests of any specials and menu changes
- Be able to answer any questions, and help make recommendations to our guest, that will make them happy.
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
- Collect payments, and provide accurate change as needed
- Perform sidework at the start and end of shift as required by service station assignments
- Maintain a clean service area(s). Be willing to assist by pre-bussing and clearing off tables
- Be willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must obtain a TABC and Food Handlers certificate prior to orientation
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with bussers, cooks, and other staff
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (Up to 8 hours)
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20-25 pounds
- Highschool diploma or equivalent