Please read this posting all the way to the end. Applicants that do not complete assessments will not be considered!
If you're looking to move your career forward in a place that offers quality as a trademark and has a family-like culture that values loyalty, then keep reading!
Texas Republic Bank, a well-established and fast-growing community bank, voted "Best Places to Work" and "Top 100 Community Banks in the U.S." for three consecutive years is seeking an experienced Personal Banker, based at our headquarters in Frisco, that can build positive and collaborative relationships.
As a Personal Banker with Texas Republic Bank, you will be responsible for:
- Interviewing prospects and customers to obtain information, explaining available financial services such as Savings and Checking accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts, Certificates of Deposit; educating prospects and customers as to the available Treasury Management services offered.
- Assisting prospects and customers with completing the new account application; and verifying the accuracy of the information before going through the process of preparing the account documentation required to open the account.
- Completing the account opening process, including checking accounts, savings accounts, Certificates of Deposit, Individual Retirement Accounts and Safe Deposit boxes; this includes taking the initial opening deposit.
- Assisting the customer in selecting the additional products and services that best fit each customer's needs based on information provided at account application.
- Following up with customers after account opening to confirm services selected have been provided; answer any additional questions customer may have. Making sure the services selected are working for the customer. Offering additional services should there be a need expressed.
- Following established department and company guidelines to ensure files are maintained and kept up to date.
- Answering customer questions and investigating and correcting errors; working with appropriate bank staff as required when research is involved.
- Assisting customers with bank inquiries, transfers and on-line banking. Successfully using these opportunities to educate the customer further in the use of bank offered products and services.
- Admitting customers to safe deposit box.
- Working within a team to execute wire transfers of funds.
- Cross-training for daily bookkeeping duties, including but not limited to working rejects, large items, insufficient report, stop pays, charge back, referral items and preparing morning Management Reports.
- Maintaining a teller drawer to provide back-up assistance for teller line, following established guidelines for properly maintaining cash levels and balancing.
- Working within a team to provide assistance to customers for wire transfers, remote deposit capture, external transfers, mobile banking, online banking and ACH.
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of six months recent commercial banking experience (EXPERIENCE MUST BE WITHIN THE LAST YEAR) which includes opening commercial and consumer checking accounts, savings accounts, and certificates of deposit; mobile banking, remote deposit capture, ACH and wire experience preferred; previous teller experience is a plus.
Highly qualified candidates MUST:
- Be able to perform a variety of duties at once, often changing from one task to another.
- Perform job duties with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Complete heavy workload within established time frames.
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Make appropriate job decisions following standard banking policies and procedures.
- Be organized and able to maintain processes and procedures with excellent follow-up skills.
- Possess an associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to one-year related experience and/or training, or a combination of school and experience.
Physical presence in the bank is required for this position. Hours for this position may vary but will generally fall within our operating hours of Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Additional hours may be required as job duties demand or staff scheduling necessitates. Locations include Frisco and Richardson. Some travel between branches may be required.
All candidates must complete both a behavioral and a cognitive assessment. You will automatically be directed to the assessment upon submitting your resume. Once you've completed the behavioral assessment, you will receive an emailed link to complete the cognitive portion. For both assessments, please make sure you are able to focus, without interruption. The cognitive is a timed assessment and will require about 15 minutes to complete.
No direct phone calls or emails. Only applicants that complete the assessments will be considered. Successful candidates are subject to pre-employment background screening and reference checks.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Texas Republic Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.